Skip to main content

HICCUPS

Hi There,

HICCUPS. Happens to everyone from baby to old folks. In this blog i would like to share some home remedies on how to stop a hiccups mainly for babies and for adults too. But before that, let me share this fact that i get from Wikipedia on facts and causes.

A hiccup is an esophageal contraction of the diaphragm that repeats several times per minute. In humans, the abrupt rush of air into the lungs causes the epiglottis to close, creating a "hic" sound. In medicine it is known as synchronous diaphragmatic flutter (SDF), or singultus, from the Latin singult, "the act of catching one's breath while sobbing". The hiccup is an involuntary action involving a reflex arc. A bout of hiccups, in general, resolves itself without intervention, although many home remedies claim to shorten the duration, and medical treatment is occasionally necessary in cases of chronic hiccups.

Hiccups are caused by many central and peripheral nervous system disorders, all from injury or irritation to the phrenic and vagus nerves, as well as toxic or metabolic disorders affecting the aforementioned systems. Hiccups often occur after drinking carbonated beverages or alcohol or ingesting spicy foods. Prolonged laughter is also known to cause hiccups. Eating too fast can also cause the hiccups (FOR ADULTS)

Here are some home remedies:-
a) Tear a 1/2 centimetres of tissue paper and stick it to baby's forehead
b) Tear a 1/2 centimetres of Betel leaf and stick it at baby's palate
c) Get baby to drink 7 gulp of water
d) Carry baby and let baby standing on your head
e) Get baby to breat into a paper bag
f) Getting a scare (not advisable for baby)
g) Frequent burping during feeding may decrease the instances of hiccups. Pick up your baby upright with a head rested on your shoulder and gently pat her on the back for awhile. Do this firmly, in a slow motion. Not too hard, but just enough to stop baby hiccups
h) Feeding: The best thing to do is warm up some milk formula and feed your baby. If you usually breast feed your child, you should use your breast milk to cure baby hiccups. When the baby is swallowing it's milk, this will cause your baby to become very sleep and also relax.
i) Warmth: You notice how whenever you hold your baby close they begin to calm down in most crying situations? Well, take your baby and hold them to your chest - just enough so they can hear your heartbeat. Babies are used to hearing your heart since they were in the mother for 12 months.
j) Some people gave baby a candy to hold on to
k) and of course for adult, drinking water will help to stop your hiccups.

So people, try it on and let me know if it works!!!

Good night all...

-FamLuv luv u-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)

Hi There, As some people know that I am suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), let me share some info with all girls and women out there. I have discovered that I am suffering from PCOS in January 2009. This is caused by irregular menses that I had since August 2008. I have decided to go to a Gynaecologist to proceed with a medical check up and blood test result showed that I am suffering from this syndrome. It was hard for me to accept it at first. But after lots of reading done be it online or magazines as well as some information given by me Gynaecologist, I feel much better and in fact more confident of myself stepping through this syndrome. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common female endocrine disorders affecting approximately 5%-10% of women of reproductive age (12-45 years old) and was once thought erroneously to be one of the leading causes of infertility. The principal features are obesity, anovulation (resulting in irregular menstruat

Introduction

Hi There, Allow me to introduce myself, I am Aishah Adam, married to Muhammad Thiruselvam Tholtan and currently living in Bangkok. FamLuv, is my second blog. My first is thehousewiferemedy . FamLuv is all about family love. You may find everything from this blog related to family values. Feel free to drop any comment or question be it for my post or you can also email me directly. I hope this blog will be helpful to everyone out there. see ya... -FamLuv Luv u-

Rosemary Leaves

Hi There, This post is all about Rosemary Leaves. I started using Rosemary Leaves during a lamb marinating for a BBQ session that I had with my family back in 2005. You can choose to use either fresh or dried leaves and be it fresh or dried, it gives an extraordinary taste to your food. When burned they give off a distinct mustard smell, as well as a smell similar to that of burning which can be used to flavor foods while barbecuing. Rosemary is extremely high in iron, calcium, and Vitamin B6. I have read Rosemary Tips that Rosemary can be used not only for cooking, but it is also can be used for beauty and medication. Besides that, it can also be used in some cocktails. So what are you all waiting for, try it out now. I would like to share my very own recipe for you and your family. I am sure the small ones will love this. Finger Licking Good Rosemary Beef Pita 500gram Ground Beef 2 large green onions (also called scallions) 4 cloves garlic Ginger (as preferred) 2 teasp